We have heard time & time again how MSPs want to be Free to Grow Their Business, but too often, Service Delivery Operational issues shackle the business and hold it back from growing.
Service Delivery Issues can include:
- Blocking Sales Personnel for working on new opportunties
- Operational Inefficiencies
- Lack of KPIs
- Failure to effectively leverage the information
The bottom line: Service Delivery operational maturity is required, in order for the Business to grow and thrive.
This is not an Individual MSP issue, but one that is seen throughout the industry. As Industry Experts say, “There is no MSP Service Delivery training available.” We also know that Autotask provides excellent navigation training, but it is too much to expect a Software Developer to understand MSP Service Delivery operations.
An even bigger problem is that the World Depends on IT, and Customers are not going to wait around until an MSP fixes their Service Delivery Operational issues.
The Path to Service Delivery Optimization
The path to Service Delivery Optimization is divided into two parts:
1. Building a Solid Foundation on Best in Class Autotask configurations
- Leveraging the 4 levels of “Automation” in the Professional Services Automation software
- Providing Techs and Service Coordinators the tools they need to do their job easily and efficiently
- PSA software configured so there is Data to be mined into Information
2. Empowering Service Delivery Management to manage
- The information Service Managers need to make decisions
- Highlighting coaching moments to follow up on
- Resource Planning Information to base Staffing decisions on
- And the list goes on and on…
Building a Solid Foundation for Service Delivery Optimization has 5 components.
Here are the components along with links to articles written over the last year on how to implement.
Request Segmentation using Priorities
- Parallels Between Healthcare Procedures & IT Service Delivery
SLA Automation and Configuration
- Good Communications = Customer Loyalty
Technician and Service Coordinator Dashboards
Cascading Contract Automation
- Working with Work Types: What actually works?
- From 0 to Zen: Making MSP Life Easier & More Profitable
Now the million-dollar question:
How long will it take to fix the foundation?
24 to 36 weeks depending on how well the MSP’s culture adapts to change